That’s right, the Philippine Brain Power Society (PBPS) brings to all math wizards in the country the challenging and interesting math correspondence competition, the Thailand International Mathematics Olympiad (TIMO).
The good news is it is open to all students of all grade levels from the kindergarten group and primary level (grades 1 to 6) to secondary group (grades 7 to 10) and senior high level (grades 11 and 12).
The TIMO aims to identify talented students who have penchant for mathematics and who can think creatively, challenging them to connect reasoning to mathematical knowledge (definitions, laws, properties, etc.) and providing them with contents and concepts, all are not only beneficial to enhance their insightful strategies in problem solving but also useful to unlocking their mathematics potential. In other words, the ultimate goal of TIMO is to build student’s confidence in mathematics to take STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) as a career track.
The better news is the TIMO will be administered right in the own school of the participants on any day between 10 – 15 December 2017.
For more information, please inquire at this email address, email@example.com.
A. Contest Papers and Answer Sheets:
1. Template will be sent to schools for printing of contest papers.
2. Contest papers shall be returned to students after the contest BUT NOT earlier than December 21, 2017.
3. Answer sheets shall be sent to school corresponding to the number of participants.
4. Answer sheets shall be returned immediately after the contest on same date to this address:
Ms. Angeline Orosco
B9 L6 Ph 4B Almond St., Citihomes Subd.
Molino, City of Bacoor, Cavite.
(Please do not contact or send inquiries to this address)
5. Philippine Brain Power Society is not responsible for the non-checking of the answer sheets brought about by delay or
non-submission of answer sheets.
|Primary Group||Secondary Group|
Grades 1 to 6
Grades 7 to 10
Grades 11 and 12
C. Contest Details:
National Heat Round
December 10 – 15, 2017
(Any day convenient for the School)
February 21, 2018
At own school
- Freight for medals, cert
- Individual Report
- Global Ranking
- Mock Exam on 20 Feb 2018
- Registration Fee
- T-shirts and Souvenirs
- Medals/Trophy for Winners
- Certificates of Participation
- Individual Evaluation Report
- Admission ticket to Prize Ceremony
- Himmapan- Avatar Show
D. Exam Paper Structure:
|Details||National Heat Round||International Round|
|No. of Questions||25||30|
|Score per Question||4||5|
|Time Allotment||90 Minutes||120 Minutes|
E. Awards Scheme:
|National Heat Round||International Round|
(Every Grade Level)
|The 3 top scorers in each grade level*||The 3 top scorers in each grade level|
1st runner-up Trophy
|Winner scores 80 or above||Winner scores 120 or above||Certificate and Medal|
|Winner scores 60 or above||Winner scores 90 or above|
Certificate and Medal
|Winner scores 40 or above||Winner scores 60 or above|
Certificate and Medal
Winner scores 20 or above
|Winner scores 30 or above|
* In case of a tie in score, TIMO will consider the winner’s date of birth. The younger winner will be ranked higher.